Saturday, April 30, 2011

Minnesota nabs Palmetto's Raymond in NFL Draft

Mistral Raymond, the Palmetto High product who came out of nowhere to make himself a big time college player at USF, was selected in the sixth round (170th overall) by the Minnesota Vikings in Saturday's 2011 NFL Draft.

He becomes the Bulls 10th NFL Draft pick over the last three years and 18th overall in the program’s 14-year history. Raymond is the first Bull to be selected by the Vikings.

“It has been a long journey and I’m so grateful to everyone that has helped me along the way,” said Raymond. “I’ve worked extremely hard with this goal in mind, and now that it is real, I’m just excited to represent my family and USF as I move on to the NFL. I had great visits with the Vikings and I knew there was a chance they’d take me. I’m glad they did and I’m going to work as hard as I can to help them win games in the future.”

With the selection, Raymond becomes the fifth Bulls’ defensive back to be selected in the last three NFL Drafts and the seventh defensive back overall.

Last season, Nate Allen was drafted in the second round by the Philadelphia Eagles and Jerome Murphy went in the third round to the St. Louis Rams. In 2008, Mike Jenkins was drafted with the 25th overall pick by the Dallas Cowboys and Trae Williams went in the fifth round to the Eagles.

See full story at: http://www.bradenton.com/2011/05/01/3156752/raymond-goes-from-walk-on-to-draft.html




No comments:

Post a Comment